24 Şubat 2016 Çarşamba

Personal Statement


1.                       Why do you want to be a teacher?


I am an EFL student and I choose this department because I like teaching and I like children. After graduated, I will have many opportunities because English teacher can work with many different fields but I will be a teacher.  I will meet many different students and I like find new materials for them and I am a creative person. I am a diligent person, so I can search more things to be helpful to my students. Teachers should be patient and I am so patient I can give answers for my students questions easily (more than one). The hardest part of education is that students have different characteristics and teacher should think their abilities to observe them in the class. I do not want to be regular teacher. I will not be sure what students learn in the classes. Anyone cannot sure that I will query myself what missing is, and how theories can be adapted into class and how I can integrate CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) into class. In every time, I will gain many experiences from my students. I want to improve myself in every time and before coming the class teacher should be planned. There can be some problems in the class and teacher should find a solution.

2.                       Describe any experiences you have had working with children.

I worked in Kindergarten in Güzelyurt in Cyprus in 2015. I like teaching English and I think I was good at it.  Sometimes management of classroom was difficult because of age of students but I like them. They were more eager to learn new things than adults and you can teach anything to them but you have to use authentic and real life materials while teaching. They wanted to sing a song and they attached themselves to teachers so you have to be careful. Teacher will be model for them and the important thing is that if students run across a qualified teacher, this will be a great chance for them in their whole life. Teacher should activate students’ schemata while teaching and students can gain many experiences at the end of the lesson. Teacher has to use more colorful materials and finding activities (more games). Sharing ideas with friends also important thing for students in the classes because they can learn from each other.

3.                       What do you hope to learn this year? By the time you graduate?


I have learned many things in my educational life and I am happy with that. I want to use all of them in my professional life. Hopefully, I will. I want to be an efficient teacher. I have learned how to approach my students and how class can be efficient. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder