25 Nisan 2016 Pazartesi

Growth Mindset

         I know that intelligence can be developed thanks to new opportunities and gaining experiences. Intelligence and talent depend on students’ environmental background.
         We can develop our mindsets by praising effort, process and strategy of students. ıf teacher helps them to develop mindset, students will achieve their responsibilities more than they did. Rewarding performance (process) is more important than rewarding product. Students start to feel confident.
          People who have a fixed mindset believe their intelligence or talent is fixed traits. Thanks to being growth mindsets, students developed their intellectual ability and they can have a significant impact on their motivation and success in school. According to some people, their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. In my high school, one of my teacher always challenge with us so she could improve our abilities. She promoted Growth Mindsets in Teaching. We always debated each other in class. At the end of the debating, she gave us praises who could justify him/herself in a better way.

3 yorum:

  1. Hello Tuğba,
    I agree with you that people can develop their mindset by praising effort. As I sad in my blogpost effort is definitely important from intelligence. Effort is the half of success. Also, I liked your ecperiences about your teacher. :D

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Thank you for your comment.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I actually agree with you I couldn't find anything extra thanks!

    YanıtlaSil